Friday, September 28, 2012

What The???

Good gracious; it has been a week since i posted a blog. Guess that's what happens when you bury yourself into your work.. heehee!  NOT EVEN! :)  I think Melissa and I had such a productive week last week, that when it came time for me to go home for the evening, I didn't have free time to write my lil tidbits! 

... thinking to self..."hmmm... are Melissa and I the only people in this world reading this?"

Well anyway... I have a very enlightening, productive, and stressful learning situation; which of course I brought upon myself.  You see, on this one 'monster of a website' that we work on there is a never-ending bottomless pit of information. And i say never-ending because just when we think we figured out how the original designer set up the site and where all the plug-ins for the information are located:  WE FIND MORE FOLDERS; WITH MORE INFO; WITH MORE "INCLUDES" AND MORE PLACES WHERE WE HAVE TO UPDATE JUST ONE PIECE OF INFORMATION.

What we have is the Black Hole! The World Wibe Web Black Hole.. a.k.a.  What The??



Yep. It's frustrating! and I just realized I went off on my own lil tangent there. I was supposed be talking about what I conquered! Well here it is... On some webpages, there are menus below menus that have pull-down tabs with links, etc. The tabs themselves are not difficult to figure out... UNLESS I'm working on the "above-referenced" website. I will make a long story short... I created a couple new pages from scratch, included all the navigational codes, and made the landing webpage url read so it doesn't have ".html" at the end.

To some people, this may not seem even worth writing about. But to me... it's a huge breakthrough! I finally get it! Thanks in huge part to Melissa just letting me run with it, get my hands dirty a lil bit, watching me through her window as I bang my head on my desk saying, " I don't GET IT!!!"

But now I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment